These are our favourite drink recipes:
Blackberry Jalapeno Margarita
- 2 shots (3 ounces) tequila
- 2 large spoonfuls agave syrup
- 3 blackberries
- 1 jalapeño slice (2 slices if you are feeling spicy!)
- 1 lime, cut in half
- blackberries and lime slices, for garnish
- Muddle together blackberries, jalapeño, the juice of one lime and the lime halves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- Add tequila, agave, a few ice cubes and shake vigorously.
- Strain into an ice-filled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with several blackberries and a lime slice.
Prickly Pear Margaritas – it’s supposed to make 4 drinks, but we call it 2 and a half.
- 6 oz. Tequila
- 4 oz. Triple Sec
- 4 oz. Lime Juice
- 2 oz. Prickly Pear Cactus Syrup
- 1 oz. Orange Juice
Instructions: Mix ingredients and pour over ice.
I tried making this Margarita with Jose Cuervo Gold first, then Silver, and finally Patron Silver. The two Cuervo’s were very similar, but the Patron was so smooth it was dangerous to drink.
Hard Cider with a shot of Fireball Whiskey
The recommendation was to pair Angry Orchard Apple Cider with a shot of Fireball Whiskey, so I tried it that way first. I tasted the cider before adding the whiskey and it was a bit sour for my liking (My favourite cider is Strongbow Gold, which has a lot of flavour) but once I put the Fireball in, it was wonderful – all apples and cinnamon scrumptiousness. Ugh! I hate words like ‘scrumptiousness’. Even worse is when someone writes something like “yummy scrumptiousness!” Seriously makes me want to cringe and snarl. The drink was quite delicious, despite my issues with certain descriptive words.
Bud Light Mango-ritas or any other ready made “rita!”
No work, no fuss. Just pour over ice and squeeze some lime, and it’s ready to go.
Bota Box Wines
I always swore I was too classy for boxed wines, then I tried Bota Box! Our favourites are the Redvolution and the Zinfandel.
Leave a Reply